Newton Hill, Yorkshire
Engineer Highway Development Management
We are currently looking for an experienced Highways Engineer to join our client, Wakefield Council. Ideally the successful applicant will have a strong Engineering background.
To initiate and co-ordinate the Highway Development Management function within Planning, Highways and Transportation to provide a single comprehensive Service position on planning land use proposals
At the senior grade to be responsible for the transport assessment of land use proposals and to oversee strategic initiatives to ensure the efficient and consistent handling of all transportation studies and related matters to required timescales.
To initiate and co-ordinate the input of Highways Service to provide a single comprehensive Service position on the Section 38 procedure on road adoption proposals
To provide comprehensive advice direct to Councillors, committees, informal public inquiries, other services, private developers and the public on land use proposals and Government and Council policy.
ALL applicants must:
* Appropriate technical qualification (e.g. HND or equivalent in civil engineering) OR can demonstrate the equivalent level of theoretical, technical and procedural knowledge
Job details as followed:
* Responsible for the highway assessment of land use proposals in relation to the Council’s approved Local Development Framework and Local Transport Plan, formal and informal planning applications and proposals of the other Services of the Council at Sub- Committee and informal Public Inquiries and meetings.
* Evaluate the impact of development on the local highway system in terms of capacity, safety, fabric and management. Promote and ensure compliance with national Planning Policy Guidance (PPG) in relation to the improvement and encouraging the use of all sustainable modes of transport in the determination of planning land use proposals.
* Responsible for the development, implementation and management of the Highways Act 1980 – Section 38 procedures with respect to the Council’s responsibility for new developments requiring the construction of new highway.
* Formulate design solutions for specific S38 schemes and provide specialised input on s38 proposals. Co-ordinate the resources and requirements of other departments and bodies during the contract period.
Local authorities are committed to supporting their employees throughout their employment. If you are successful, you’ll be joining a great team and be part of a high performing local authority who are passionate about ensuring you receive the right support to help you achieve your full potential.
The role is based in Wakefield with an excellent locality to public transportation links.
This would be an excellent opportunity for somebody who has experience within the Engineering industry and is looking to join a public sector employer.
Not sure this job is for you but know somebody suitable? We offer £60 referral fee if they become successful